Wednesday, July 16, 2008

My Terms Throughout This Blog

I realized while reviewing my posts that I have expressed why I use the word organism. I use the word organism for the perpetrators title. I do not feel it deserves to be called a man nor do I think all men would commit sexual assaults. Organism defined, according to wordnet.princeton.edu is "a living thing that has (or can develop) the ability to act or function independently." Key word there "function independently" the organisms made the choice to commit a crime.

I will also try to refer to my experience as the incident. Although I may slip, I believe incident is nicer and for those who have been through an assault easier to read. I intend on describing the sexual assault on a separate page. Therefore, if people want to read it they may, but if it is a trigger then they can pass. The description of the incident will not be to graphic but will give the general idea of what occurred.

I think often of why I would make words more pleasant for the reader, but I try to remember this blog is not just for me, it is for the many who suffer from rape or sexual assault. If I use different words in the future to describe things I will verify it at that time.

Victoria Placeo

No comments:

Post a Comment