Monday, July 14, 2008

Organism Signed The Plea Bargain!!

Notice I wrote SIGNED the plea bargain. Always ask whomever is representing you if the organism has signed the plea bargain and not just accepted it. Last Monday, I was told the organism accepted the plea bargain, I felt some sense of relief. Later that day I was informed that it had not signed it so it could changes its mind at any time. My relief was once again crushed.

DON'T BE AFRAID to ask you attorney or representative what is going on. It should not be your job after a sexual assault to do your own research. Ask them that is what they are getting paid for.

The organism was charged with Burglary 1st degree and Sexual Assault 3rd degree (rape). As I was informed, and keep in mind I said informed, Burglary 1st degree holds 25 years and sexual assault 3rd degree (rape) holds 10 years. Kind of odd how the Burglary holds more years then the violence towards people.

As far as my organisms plea bargain goes it is a 10 year sentence, sex offenders list for 10 years, and parole for life. I can't say I'm thrilled or disappointed about this plea bargain. On one hand, I don't have to go to trial and some time is better then none. On the other hand, when it starts at 35 years and boils down to 10 years, it is a tad disheartening considering I live with it for life. When I say for life, I do not mean it will control my life, I mean it is now a part of it.

I have also been informed that sentences are pretty much cut in half for time served. I did ask my representative why and they said because the prisons are to full, that is very sad.

Bottom line it has been signed, I do not have to go to trial, and I am alive!

Victoria Placeo

No comments:

Post a Comment