Monday, July 21, 2008

The Organisms Sentencing Is Today!

My lack of blogging over the weekend was due to my agonizing over attending the plea bargain taking and sentencing.

That statement above is confusing in itself. The organism took the plea bargain but yet there is a sentencing. Things are not well explained to me and I am sorry but I have not investigated why a sentencing is needed.

I do believe that in some ways I am very lucky. I am alive, the organism did take a plea bargain, and is going to jail. According to RAINN only 6% of rapist will ever spend a day in jail.
One of the key things I did that helped is that I called 911 right away. Please remember that!

Back to the agonizing over the decision. I have the right to be at that hearing. I thought that since I have really had no rights from my perspective and the organism had them all that I should take this one.

After debating over the weekend, I decided not to attend. I am still having nightmares about the organism, minor flashbacks, and I thought seeing the organism again would refresh its face in my mind. Therefore, reactivating the incident all over again. As my friend put it " I was not going to dignify the scumbag with my presence."

My impact statement is going to be read aloud by the victim assistance coordinator per my request.

HALT.... It is amazing what happens when your blogging. My sister and boyfriend were going to the hearing and just called and they told them that it was not scheduled for today. I am stopping and will get back to you.

Victoria Placeo

No comments:

Post a Comment