Thursday, July 31, 2008

Raped and I Got Fired !!! What The Hell!?

First off, I do feel a little better than yesterday. The doctor's office never called, like they said they would, so I called the them for my blood results and................ SURPRISE.... their gone for the afternoon. Oh, well what do you do.

Yes, that's right I got fired. I got the notice last week and feel well enough today to share it.

I was put on medical leave instantly after the incident at that time my job call me in. They discussed matters with me and put me on a corrective action plan. A plan that stated there were issues with my work months and months ago. Hmmmm.............. seemed a little odd to me they did not mention these issues months and months ago.

While speaking with them they asked me if I wanted to work there. They said it seemed that I was not to interested in what they were saying. Hmmmm........... what the hell............ I was violently raped a week ago people, I am soooooooo sorry I am not showing the zip you want.

We came to a conclusion that I would return to work at a later date in June. When that date approached my doctor put me on an extended medical leave and the note was given to my work and accepted. My return date was suppose to be July 9th. I called my boss on the July 8th to confirm my return. She stated that they did not have me scheduled....Hmmm......odd? We reached an agreement that I would return on the 11th.

I had a legal item to tend to on the 11th and called to inform my supervisor. In my corrective action plan it stated that I could not phone in and leave a voicemail per policy. I spoke with a nurse an explained my situation and left a voicemail to confirm. On that voicemail I told my supervisor I had spoken with a nurse and asked my supervisor to call me back. She never did.

That same day I got another extension on my medical leave and assumed that I would return to work after that. I never did hear from my work and so on the 21st I phoned human resources, they had no idea what was going on, but stated they would return my call. They never did.

Two days later I called them back and human resources stated she had a letter from my administrator that was sent to me stating that I resigned on the 9th............WHAT...........BS. I received that letter on the 24th and guess when it was dated THE 21ST SURFREAKINPRISE!

So, yeah, they canned me. You want to know the worst part. I worked for a MENTAL HEALTH FACILITY!!! One that's job is to support those who have problems and trauma, how ironic huh?

Bitter..........oh............A TAD!!!!

Word to the wise, never let your work be your sense of self, and always remember no matter what you do YOU ARE ALWAYS REPLACEABLE!!

Here is one resource I found to help you with employment issues employeeissues.com. I may find more later but I will leave it at that for now.




Victoria Placeo

No comments:

Post a Comment