Saturday, August 9, 2008

One of My Secondary Victims

I written in past posts about my secondary victims. Those whom helped me and still are helping me with this. Since there are only two people I call them The Dynamic Duo.

I refer to one of the two as The Rock because they are near me and have to deal with the brunt of most of me. The other has been one of my best friends for years I consider here one of my saving angels, so I will just refer to her as Angel.

I asked The Dynamic Duo to write and tell me how they felt having to be the only two there for me and this is what Angel had to say:

"The day after Victoria was attacked she called me. She wouldn't say what was wrong, but I could tell she was very upset. This started to worry me as I knew she was pretty much alone in the town she lived. She said she was coming to here and would explain it then. However later in the day she called back and let me know what had happened without going into too much detail. I tried to make sure she was in a safe place, had gotten medical attention, and was Ok to drive to back here. Only when she got here did I see how traumatized and injured she was.

Since the attack, I have made her call me or I would call her to make sure I knew where she was at all times and if she was in a safe place. There have been a few time that I have tried to call and check on her and could not get an answer. During those times I have stayed up late waiting for the phone to ring, thinking I will give her 30 minutes more before I notify the Police Department that I cannot reach her.

I have felt helpless in trying to comfort her many times, this is not an easy thing to deal with and will impact her for the rest of her life. How do I help her? What do I say? Many times she would ask me to explain to people what had happened to her because she was unable to talk about it to anyone else but a few close friends.

I had met the man and have since felt extremely betrayed and outraged at what he did to my friend!! What gives him the right to steal her life??? She has lost her freedom, home, her job, her trust, her health, her mental stability, her self confidence, her dignity, and yes...even some of her relationships with family and friends - which may never be completely restored!! I am not an angry person, but this has made me livid!"


I thank God every for The Dynamic Duo and for Angel. I feel horrible that they are the only ones I have. I feel horrible for them. It's not easy going through rape but I know it can not be easy for The Dynamic Duo either. Thank You to them.



Victoria Placeo

No comments:

Post a Comment