Sunday, September 7, 2008

Civil Or Not To Civil Suit

I met with a attorney recently with the idea of a civil suit. It was not my idea, many had told me that I should consider it.

I was not sure of pursuing a civil suit. My thoughts were what would I want with the dirty money from that organism. Still I thought I would investigate the issue.

Not to my surprise the attorney informed me that the organism was worth nothing. The attorney did have another idea to get money........here it is.........go after the establishment that got the organism drunk.

Hmmmmm.....now I know that has been done before, but I have major reservations about holding an establishment responsible for the organisms act.

I am still mulling it over, and keep coming to the same conclusion, how could hold them responsible?

I'm stuck here and still very unstable due to the incident, I don't believe I should make any decisions of this magnitude.

I am curious on others thoughts however, so email them to me, if you have them.

Oddly enough, I found an article after typing the above on the issue, sign? Hmmm, another thing to mull over.

The article entitled " Many Rape Victims Finding Justice Through Civil Courts" was posted in the New York Times and be found here


Victoria Placeo

No comments:

Post a Comment