Monday, September 22, 2008

A Tribute To A Secondary Victim - The Rock

As I have written before, family and most friends were not the best support, an unfortunately I am going on my sixth week of not getting a call from my family. They don't even know where I am at.

But this is not about my family and absent friends, this about The Rock. The main secondary victim that has been there through everything. The one individual who's dealt with flashbacks, nightmares, roller coaster emotions, and numorous other things.

I often listen to music when driving and one song always reminds me of The Rock. Please read the lyrics because next to them I put how they relate. Here it is:


Wind Beneath My Wings
By
Bette Midler


It must have been cold there in my shadow,
(It's been about me the entire time)

to never have sunlight on your face.

You were content to let me shine, that's your way,
(The Rock's way, is to let me shine, whenever I can knowing there are not to many times right now)

you always walked a step behind.
(The Rock stands back,silent, unreconized, but is always ready to help)

So I was the one with all the glory,
(Glory of feeling the way I needed to when I needed too)

while you were the one with all the strength.
(The Rock has the strength that I wish I had and he picks me up everytime I fall)

A beautiful face without a name -- for so long,
(The Rock is not noticed or recognized for the care he has given to me, The Rock needs to be!)

a beautiful smile to hide the pain.
(The Rock's smile is beautiful and helps me everytime, The Rocks pain is often hidden for my benefit)

Chorus

Did you ever know that you're my hero,
(Hero is an understatment, The Rock is everything I need and could ever ask for for support)

and ev'rything I would like to be?
("Would like to be" is an understatement as well. The Rock's strength, caring nature, intelligence, and numorous other qualities are everything I would like to be)

I can fly higher than an eagle,
(Fly? I couldn't walk without the Rock)

'cause you are the wind beneath my wings.
(My strongest support and more then I deserve)


It might have appeared to go unnoticed,
(I feel I am not grateful enough to The Rock and he does not know that I recoginized all he does)

but I've got it all here in my heart.
(In my heart, I know how blessed I am to have The Rock)

I want you to know I know the truth, of course I know it,

I would be nothing with out you.
(A strong lyric, I honestly don't know where I would be, who I would talk too, or if I could have made it this far without The Rocks kindness and support)

Chorus
Did you ever know that you're my hero,
and ev'rything I would like to be?
I can fly higher than an eagle,
'cause you are the wind beneath my wings.

Fly, fly, fly away,

you let me fly so high.
(The Rocks let's me be me, and encourages me to do what will make things better.)

Oh, fly, fly,

so high against the sky, so high I almost touch the sky.

Thank you, thank you, thank God for you,

the wind beneath my wings.
(Thank God for my Rock! I believe the that without The Rock I would be more of a mess. I believe the Lord gave me the Rock, knowing it was needed, and perhaps for something more)

I wish there was an award, some way to give The Rock all the recognition he deserves. Alone, The Rock has been there, dealt with things that most do not know how to, and did it with an open heart.

I love The Rock for all he has and want to find a way to give him everything back that he has given me!

Thank You My Unconditional Supporter, My Strength, MY ROCK!!



Victoria Placeo



No comments:

Post a Comment