Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Palin,Rape Kits,2008 Election Again From A Rape Survivor

I don't know Larry At Large and at first he seemed to be a little severe. However, after reading his posts on his site larry@large, I like him. He's blunt and amusing, in fact even his subheading is great:

AN INDEPENDENT CONSERVATIVE LOOK AT THE STORIES

THAT ARE USUALLY NOT IN THE LAME STREAM MEDIA

Now who would not want to read that?

Now what does this have to due with Palin and the big rape kit controversy. Well on Larry's page he addresses it, that is how I found the site.

According to Larry:

"Never have I seen so much made about so little. Thousands of left wing blogs are reporting about Gov. Palin and the "FACT" that she authorized the policy that made rape victims pay for their rape kits. The truth is NO victims of rape were ever charged for a rape kits. It's a non-issue... another smear tactic created by some 35year old left wing blogger spewing out all his hatred while living free of charge in his mother's basement!"



Now many could say such a thing, buuuutttt, Larry backs it up with an official report which can be found here:

http://larryatlarge.tripod.com/wassilarapekitreport.pdf

Now, I can hear it now, how can someone who has been violently raped, think it is a non-issue. Precisely, that is all someone will read that Larry@large called it a non-issue. Typical emotional response especially if you are a victim. READ THE ENTIRE PARAGRAPH!!

If the report from Larry is correct, then it never should have been brought up in the first place.

DO YOU EVEN THINK WHEN I WAS LYING IN THAT HOSPITAL I WAS THINKING WHO WAS GOING TO PAY FOR THE DAMN KIT!!!

Now, on a calmer note, No I believe rape victims should not have to pay for their kits. However, I don't think you go bringing up a subject that looked good for bashing people,especially when YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN RAPED!! Oops, that wasn't calm, so very sorry.

Now for those of you who have been raped, yes it is good to pay attention to things that are important to you. And yes after what you and I have been through we should. We have good and bad days and it is easy for us to emotionally react to things. We see and injustice regarding rape and we react.

The key is to react, relax, and research (hmmm,I should copyright that).....

Will we ever know what is true with Palin and Rape Kits, dunno, the report looks good to me. Regardless, of if we know or not, I believe as a victim I should be a little more proactive.

In fact, I think all survivors of violent crime should be a little more proactive with our efforts. It takes nothing but a second for us to complain about what an official does,I am no stranger to that and probably will complain again.

However, if we research and see what can be done in the future instead of backtracking on what has been done (which again I sure I will do more of, for venting purposes), we may get somewhere.

Either way whether you agree or not, I know for sure that if we keep focusing as a mass group on what we do not want, that's exactly what we will get.

History will not repeat itself in the exact same way if we focus on the wants verses the not wants of our candidates and officials.

Agree or disagree, no need to let me know. I just want to thank Larryatlarge for the info and he blunt nature.


Victoria Placeo


No comments:

Post a Comment