Friday, October 3, 2008

Rape Victims Plea for Help - I'm Sorry I didnt want it to come to this

I have blogged a while now and I never wanted it to come to me asking for help, but I need it.........let me explain.......

At the end of May 2008, an organism (man, but I don't like to call it that) kicked in my door and violently raped me. I am emotionally and physically scared. That should be enough to deal with....yes?

The state pressed charges, which automatically put me in the passengers seat of another battle. They had much evidence but had difficulty finding other things they needed. I had to go into overdrive mode and get other evidence myself. A little bit after I retrieved some evidence for the state, the organism took a plea bargain.

Why am I complaining about that. I'm not, I am grateful for the organism taking the plea bargain and off to prison, but if the state could not convict him or get the evidence they needed they should not have pressed the charges.

From the rape to sentencing was complete stress, not just with the rape trauma, but with having to find evidence etc.

I was put on medical leave for the incident, and in July they fired me for it. I had an interview with unemployment and they denied me. I appealed this week. I was on medical leave, I was raped, I WORKED DOING THERAPY FOR THOSE IN NEED, and they fired me.

I lost my apartment, but I could not go back there anyway, the landlord did not give me the deposit back due to the kicked in door, which would have helped.

I just moved to the small town in 2007 so I really had no solid ground or friends yet. The town was small enough that I had to go. I knew one person in the area (I had to stay in the area due to legal things) and they let me have a room, so I do have a room.

When I went back to that small town I had a couple of profane things yelled at me which added to the stress.

I applied for victims assistance in may, I finally received a small check (well under 1000)in September to cover some bills.

A lawyer said they would take my case, but my only option was to sue the establishment that got the organism drunk prior to the rape. Ethically, I can't do that, I can't blame a place for the organisms behavior. The lawyer was going to help me with all matters until I stated that I did not want to sue the establishment. Her clerk told me I could not afford her time.

Due to the stress, I am on pills to try and get my hair to quit falling out. They are not working.

Do I have family yes. I had not heard from them in 7 weeks until last weekend. They don't ask how I am doing or if I am okay, they don't talk about it.

I travel when I can to get counseling, but the only therapists around here are all connected with the establishment that fired me, guess you know why I cant go to them.

At one point I asked my friends to donate a buck, didn't see a thing.

I am selling my personal items to pay my bills. I want to recover well and keep my credit good , I am doing the best I can.

Do I deserve any more help then anyone else, probably not.

But I look up how to fund raise and I see help blah blah pay for there wedding and help blah blah pay off this or that. Why can't people donate to a rape victim is it so much of taboo subject.

If just a small amount of people would help with a buck to five I could live another month.

I don't want to go shopping, I just want to buy groceries, pay my bills, have an apartment or be able to pay for my room.

My hope is that someone will read this and donate with my paypal button on the side.

My hope is that a civil organization may see this and see my rights have been a little screwed over.

My hope is maybe an attorney would read this and want to help.

My hope is that maybe someone has a fundraising idea.

My hope is for someone to care enough, to help a little.

I know I am not a 911 or hurricane victim, but I have lost everything to.

Please help me, I will do all I can, to make sure I could get you back when you need me. If you don't want to donate maybe you could buy my stuff?


If you have questions email me

Thanks


Victoria Placeo




No comments:

Post a Comment