Monday, October 20, 2008

Suicide is Never an Option...But What Does A Rape Survivor Do?

It is my belief that suicide should never be an option and in my life it is not. I was never one of the people who looked at anyone who did commit suicide and say "oh how selfish." I didn't believe it then and don't now.

However, I have a much better understanding now, at leave in a rape scenario.

What do you do when someone took away your safety and self-respect?

What do you do when:

You lost your security, self-esteem, your town, your job, your home,your income, your health insurance, your friend and family supports......what is left?

I understand that all this shall pass and that the town, job, etc. there will be more of those. What about your support, when you actually realize that the people you thought would be there are not, it is a eye-opener.

The really sad part is that if the organism would have hurt me physcially bad enough to be hospitalized, people would be there. Whats even worse is that when you realize if the organism would have killed you then and only then, would people take notice.

I have had thoughts such as it would be easier if I were gone, but I dont beleive in it. I have also had thoughts that the organism should of done it right and knocked me off, no suffering then.

Anyway, I have given up for now, I have lost all hope.

Victoria Placeo



No comments:

Post a Comment