Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Noah St. Johns, Afformations and Healing

One of the best things that happened to me out of my unfortunate circumstances was I believe not by chance.

While traveling to my hometown for safety after the perpetrator got out of jail, I stopped at a book store. I needed something to listen to, something to take my mind off everything else, something positive. I looked at all the options of books on CD and one caught my eye, Afformations, by Noah St. John.

Needless to say I bought the book and listened to all of it. Noah explains how he stumbled upon the idea of Afformations while in the shower. I liked listening to him right from the start, his voice seemed very real and down to earth.

Afformations as opposed to affirmations are different. Noah explains that when you affirm you are telling yourself something that you don't believe to be entirely true. Hearing this put me in awe, while I was counseling I took a different approach with my patients with affirmations.
Noah explains that Afformations are a way to get your mind to search for the answer.

Of course in the book Noah does not touch on crime victims, hopefully he will someday. However his teachings make it easy to relate to whatever situation you’re in. I took pieces of my experiences, traumatic memories, fear, etc. and used Afformations. By doing so I brought myself some relief and with some issues complete relief.

I would recommend Afformations to anyone, but I highly encourage it for survivors of any rape or sex crime. People struggle for year’s even lifetimes with the memories. I know that Afformations can bring at least some relief to survivors.

How do you Afform or make and Afformation? Well just go to the link below by doing so you get the first three chapter of his book FREE!! I couldn't believe it!! You can get the first chapter of the book HERE

Contact me with questions

Victoria Placeo

No comments:

Post a Comment