Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Rape Victim Disenfranchised

AWWWWWWWWWWW RIGHT I'VE HAD IT!!

I went to vote yesterday, to the community where the rape occurred. A community I don't care to go back to right now. Despite my circumstances, I realized the patriotic duty to vote.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..........I went to the place and showed ID.........and here came the question..........current address? NO!

So to clear things up, in May the rape occurred, I left the area I lived in and the apartment, and moved to an area 20 miles away.

I had to stay close due to the criminal proceedings. The area was across state lines into another state. I have the kindest person who stated I can stay here as long as I like.

I did not have physical address in the state I was registered nor in the state I stay in now. Yes, I have no home.

I call the courthouse in the state the rape occurred and explained my situation. The clerks response "sure hope your friends are voting for right person." HaHaHa FUNNY!!!!

So I was disenfranchised, or deprived the right to vote, according to http://wordnet.princeton.edu

Now, I realize that by the law I could not vote due to my displacement. Oh yeah, that's another thing by definition again I am an internally displaced person according to iDMC.

But wait, according to that site, the US is not listed. According to Amnesty International USA, Katrina victims are displaced, which I totally agree. Sooo........AM I AN INTERNALLY DISPLACED PERSON? I REALLY WANT TO KNOW! According to definition I am. If anyone wants to answer that feel free!

Back to it, yes I know I was not denied voting because I was raped, I know there are laws governing voting. Buuuuuuttttttt............

Excuse me if an organism broke in,sexually assaulted me.........AND I WASN'T PAYING ATTENTION TO ESTABLISHING RESIDENCY!!

I thought after the fact (yesterday) I could have voted absentee or mail-in, but nope, don't have a home and do not want to pay any fines for fraud.

SO LET'S TALLY THIS UP:

Lost my right to say no
Lost my sense of security
Lost some self-respect
Lost some self-esteem
Lost my right to press charges (not that I would not of)
Lost my right to want lawyer I wanted (not that they weren't good ones)
Lost my town I just moved to months earlier
Lost my apartment (I have a place to stay, just no home)
Lost my job
Lost unemployment (get to that one in a later post)
Lost my income
Lost some friends
Lost family communication
Lost my trust
Still losing my hair

AND LOST THE RIGHT TO VOTE?!??!!!!! UNFREAKINCREDIBLE!!

Yet, I am still standing........NOT AS A PROUD AMERICAN, BECAUSE I DIDN'T GET TO VOTE!

If there is an official of some sort or a political junkie who reads this, let me know exactly what I am IDP, DP? Could I have voted in some top secret way that everyone else was unaware of?


Victoria Placeo



No comments:

Post a Comment