Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Six Month Anniversary for Rape Victim

It is the six month anniversary today and my feeling is numb........yes, numb is the best way to describe it.

I thought all day about how to portray the feelings of an anniversary date, but it then occurred to me. I am tired of hiding and being vague.

The normal reaction I get from people who do know, is "that's to bad." To Bad? I don't think that anyone, even readers understand, the violence, the aftermath,or the other events that followed my rape. I don't think they even realize that the organism got convicted with a very harsh felony.

I wrote this for three reasons first, to get it out. Second, if anyone reads this they can relate and know they are not alone or that there situation is not that bad. Third, I want to be heard, I want the world to know the organisms name and what it did.

Sooooo........ I decided to let it all out from beginning to end.

Here we go:

In the early morning of May 18th 2008, 2 days before my birthday, the organism kicked in my apartment door while I was in bed. The struggle started from there, words were exchanged while the rape was happening. During the rape, the organism, bit my nipple, at first I thought it was gone, blood squirted, and at that moment I became aware that I may not live through this. That bite left me permanently scarred.

I rape continued, anally then vaginally. I screamed for help over and over. The location of my apartment was between 3 establishments, I know someone heard me, but no one came. The last words from the organism before he finished was "I am going to cum inside you and get you pregnant." Apparently he had a motive.

When it finished the organism just rolled off me and I was able to get up. I yelled at it to leave. The organism seemed very calm and stated it would leave but had to put on its shoes. Odd now looking back. I yelled to forget the shoes and screamed to get out.

After I heard it walk onto the balcony, I went to the door to lock it and there was no door frame, the organism kicked straight through the deadbolt. I grabbed my cell, locked myself in the bathroom, and called 911.

I don't remember much about the 911 call or the bathroom. What I do remember was a bunch of men entering my apartment and of course I did not want to go with them. Then a woman entered and from there I next remember the hospital.

The hospital was vague as well. I remember bits and pieces, parts of the rape kit, words that were said. I remember the doctor making a very bad bedside manner comment. I don't think he did it on purpose but at the time it shook me. He stated "boy are these rape kits tedious." Yeah pretty bad. I remember the officer coming in saying they pressed charges, I was confused, I thought if anyone I would have to press the charges, but no. What I remember the most was that the woman stayed with me through the entire hospital exam. That was not part of her job, but she did and I will never forget that.

The rape itself was bad enough, but the following incidents that occurred, are alot to imagine. Even if I step out of myself, I can't believe it.

After the hospital, I was dropped back off at my apartment, with no door, alone. Yea, even I know that's asking for trouble.

The day of the 18th, someone fixed my door, I was bound and determined to stay in that apartment and not to let the organism scare me anymore. I also had to have someone drive me 20 miles to a pharmacy to get medication that they did not have at the hospital. Alot to ask of someone who just got raped.

Although the organism was on probation, he got out less then 24 hours after the rape.

The next day I was called into the county attorneys office. During my time there I had to go over it and found out that the officer never got picture of certain things he needed to, the county attorney was not happy. The officer didn't even take the sheets until 5 days later. Now it doesn't take one episode of CSI to know you take evidence right away.

I was warned by the officer, that the organism was dangerous, so my running began. I ran 25 miles away to stay at a friends and then back to my hometown. I stayed there until they revoked its probation and the organism turned itself in.

After that in no particular order the following event occurred.

My family had a scare and did not know where to find me and therefore told me not to speak to them, I did not hear from them for 3 weeks.

I had to return to the apartment to let the officer take pictures and get evidence, this while the organism was still free. I was terrified.

The County attorney did not know how to get my numerous text messages the organism sent me, so I did. They did not know how to get the voicemail off the phone, so I did. They could not find one witness, so I did. Now I don't know how I did it all, I was in overdrive.

I had to move out my apartment with just one person (not family), we did it ourselves. I texted one of my family members if they would help me and the text back was "Naw drinking tonight." It crushed me.

I was put on a disciplinary action plan by my work on May 30th, I worked for a "CARE" facility. I was off work and then fired. I lost the unemployment, they said I resigned. People get unemployment for anything these days but I guess not when your a victim of violent crime. I appealed and lost, I appealed again and we shall see.

When traveling to the town where the rape occurred to get my mail, I got comments by unknown individuals one was " I would rape you to bitch, your hot." That happened while walking into my apartment to get items. As I said in no particular order.

One little blurb was mentioned in the papers about how the organism got arrested and was bonded out. That's it. I am still upset about that. The papers that I have spoken to won't cover it because it has been to long. TODAY IS SIX MONTHS WHAT DO YOU MEAN TO LONG?! Not that I want my name splattered everywhere but come on, why should his name stay clean, why should the community not know.

So I was raped, had to gather information to put the organism away, was fired, denied unemployment, and the organism keeps a clean name. There is more I have forgotten but it is written down, I have a journal.

Oh and I was denied the right to vote because I had no home.

So there is the severity of it! I have asked my friends for donations, a chipin page was made, no one has donated or offered any help except The Rock.


If there is any lawyer, media, or anyone who thinks that just the gist of want I covered is enough contact me, I am tired of hiding.



Victoria Placeo

No comments:

Post a Comment