Friday, November 14, 2008

Thank You Nancy Grace!!

I don't care what anyone says about Nancy Grace, I liked her before I was raped and still like her today.

She is straight, to the point, and doesn't mince words. Why am I writing about Nancy Grace?

It was an episode that was aired on November 3rd or 4th, I don't recall which date. Nancy was covering the Jennifer Hudson family murders. By the way, my thoughts and prayers go to that family.

Nancy was speaking to a psychiatrist and got on his case a little (I love it when she stands ground). The issue was about Jennifer Hudson being able to mourn and "get over it."

Nancy told the doctor first off that people may never get over it, but what struck me the most was what she said next.

She explained to the doctor that without Jennifer Hudson having closure on who shot her family, along with the general duties required when someone you love passes, there is no time to cope, there is no time to deal with the emotions.

I figured that out on my own when my symptoms from the rape seemed to get worse after the organism was sentenced. I figured that since I was running around to find a safe place, to meet with the state, to gather my own evidence, to move my things out of my apartment, that I never had time to slow down.

I concurred that not being able to slow down and process what actually happened until after the sentencing was why I was getting worse.

To hear Nancy Grace say that on public T.V. was a relief, a comfort, a feeling that someone understood. I was nearly brought to tears and did cry later. She understood.

So I thank Nancy Grace and the work she is doing. She may never realize how many viewers she effects by her understanding of the pain crime victims go through. I hope one day I will be able to tell my story or someone may read this and I will touch someones life like Nancy Grace touched mine.

Thanks Again Nancy!!


Victoria Placeo

No comments:

Post a Comment