Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Cruel Summer After Being Raped

Since the year is almost over I could not let the song that describes my summer go unheard. Yes, a cheesy 80's song but so fitting to the summer I endured. Unfortunately, they do not have Cruel Winter............





Cruel Summer
Bananarama
Words & Music: Sarah Dallin - S. Jolley - T. Swain - Siobhan Fahey - W. Wood

Hot summer streets
And the pavements are burning
I sit around
Trying to smile but
(Trying to smile at the good)
The air is so heavy and dry
(The weight of the rape and criminal process was heavy)

Strange voices are saying
(Lawyers, victims advocate, therapists)
(What did they say)
(Can't focus and even if I could have the lingo is confusing and unknown to me)
Things I can't understand
(I didn't get it, all the terms)
It's too close for comfort
(No comfort)
This heat has got
Right out of hand
(The rape, the charges, my life, was out of my hands)
It's a cruel, (cruel,) cruel summer
(Worse summer of my life)
Leaving me here on my own
(Friends and family almost gone, I had limited support)
It's a cruel, (it's a cruel,) cruel summer
Now you're gone
(Everybody leaves when your not fun anymore)

The city is crowded
(Summer resort town)
My friends are away
(my friend are not here)
And I'm on my own
(alone)
It's too hot to handle
So I got to get up and go
(I go places do things, I have to do things, I can't handle it all)

It's a cruel, (cruel), cruel summer
Leaving me here on my own
It's a cruel, (it's a cruel,) cruel summer
Now you're gone
(Same as above)

Your not the only one
(For craps sakes stop thinking about yourself I NEED YOU!)

It's a cruel, (cruel), cruel summer
(Leaving me) leaving me here on my own
It's a cruel, (it's a cruel,) cruel summer
Now you're gone
(Same as above)

It's a cruel, cruel summer
Leaving me here on my own
It's a cruel, cruel summer
Now you're gone
(Same as above)

Your not the only one
(I NEEDED AND NEED YOU!)

It's a cruel, (cruel), cruel summer
(Leaving me) leaving me here on my own
It's a cruel, (it's a cruel,) cruel summer
Now you're gone
(Same as above)
Your not the only one
(Selfish Pukes)

It's a cruel, (cruel), cruel summer
(Leaving me) leaving me here on my own
It's a cruel, (it's a cruel,) cruel summer
Now...
So there you go my summer and it's not over!
Victoria Placeo



No comments:

Post a Comment