Saturday, January 3, 2009

Recap of 08 and Happy New Year!

I was going to post this earlier and wish everyone a Happy New Year, however emotions got in the way.

My Recap of 2008 (this part is kinda sucky, it gets better:)

Feb 2008 I got my apartment, in the new town I moved to in late 2007,I loved it, decorated and all
May18 2008 the organism kicked in my door and the assault occurred
May 20 2008 my birthday, need less to say I didn't have one
May 2008 to August 2008 dealing with the state, lawyers, depositions, stress, memories etc
July 9 2008 was fired while on medical leave from the "care facility" I worked at
August 11 2008 the next time I saw the organism at its sentencing
August 11 to current:
Did not get unemployment after 2 appeals
Depression, flashbacks, nightmares, sleep problems etc
Fighting for civil rights through state organizations
Family issues
Loss of friends

Much much more.....but on to the positive .............

I have found a few special people that have been there for me

I found out who would really be there in a time of need

Although I still struggle, I have found a different way of thinking, that I am working on

I got access to the food pantry

I was able to find a counselor who is very good

I sold some of my stuff, therefore giving me income

There have been angels that have popped into my life, and have helped directly or indirectly.

I know that they say there is no time limit on healing but I am trying every approach to survive and live a happy life again, although I miss my old life

I intend to thank each person, that has helped me, added a kind word, etc. It is a chance for me to be grateful and I wont miss that!

Perhaps something I write will help you!!


I hope you had a great holiday season and a great New year!


Victoria Placeo

No comments:

Post a Comment