Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Do I Attend The Event For VDAY?

Two days ago I blogged about an event being put on for VDAY. The funds are going to a local, well ex-local, organization that helps women from violence.

The part that upset me is that it is being held at a bar that supports the organism who raped me on their MySpace website.

Even more disturbing is that I spoke with the "Executive Director" of the organization that the funds are going to, and she said there was nothing they could do.

So to reiterate, a theatre group is putting on "The Vagina Monologues" with the funds going to an organization to help women. The production is being held at a bar with my convicted rapist on the site, and the organization says nothing can be done.

They will continue to hold a fundraiser for victims at a place that supports a convicted rapist.

My question is do I attend? It is being held for 3 days this week. Do I go to that place and look those people who know me and what happened in the eye.

I would love to go there and say.......YOU HOLD A FUNDRAISER NOW? WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU WHEN I NEEDED YOU?

However, I would not do that. I really want anyone who reads this to feel free and email there opinions.

I am angered, disgusted, and torn on what to do........



Victoria Placeo

No comments:

Post a Comment