Friday, February 6, 2009

Online Support Group for Survivors of Rape and Sexual Assault

-->
Although RASA Survivors is just in its infancy, I have received good feedback. Here is an email I received from member of RASA Survivors:


I've been corresponding with a few women from RASA and wanted to thank you, For it has helped me see things from my daughter's angle. It's so strange to me though, you would think in a public/private anonymous forum people would vent or share, but i see everyone is very quiet on RASA.

I suppose the sharing comes after the acceptance.

GOD bless you, for making it possible for me to learn and put me in touch with other women who NEED one another. I think in a mysterious, wonderful way I have truly touched one young lady's life and she has touched mine! I'll share details another time.
It touched me that by making such a site that individuals are actually benefiting.

I created RASA Survivors for 2 reasons:

First, I wanted a social network verses a forum so members could get to know each other better.

Second, there are so many site that give you information of "what you need to do" and where you can go for help. That is great however, I did not believe that another was needed. With RASA Survivors there are resources that are "out of the box" , different ways of healing, an alternative way to survival.

As I said RASA is still new so many resources are not there, but will be shortly. Please help spread the word of RASA so others may heal with us. RASA Survivors can be found at http://www.rasasurvivors.com

Victoria Placeo

No comments:

Post a Comment