Saturday, February 7, 2009

So Wrong On So Many Different Levels

I am shocked at how hard life is after being raped, but more importantly, I am shocked at humanity, and the community I lived in. YOU HAVE TO READ THIS, HERE IS WHAT IS GOING ON:

The organism and I used to go to an bar together while we were dating. After the breakup we both continued going to that bar, and quite honestly we did not have bad blood at that time, in fact I never had bad blood towards the organism.

Now, the night of the rape, we were both at that bar. Things were fine for a while , then the organism got huffing and mouthy with me so I left in a cab, alone and went home.

After the rape and criminal proceedings I only had one option for a civil suit. It was against the bar.

It is called a Dram Shop and here is the definition "Legislation, effective in many states, dictating that an individual or establishment that issues alcohol to an intoxicated person is strictly liable for any harm caused by that person."

I chose not to go that route because for me I did not believe that the bar had anything to do with the organisms actions.

HERE ARE THE SLAPS IN THE FACE:

1. The organism was a regular at the bar and the bar still has a picture of it on its myspace website. THAT'S RIGHT A CONVICTED RAPIST ON THERE BUSINESS WEBSITE!! Slap in the face for me and a dumb business decision.

2. A theatre group is holding a play for a local group that's fights violent crime against women. THEY ARE HOLDING THE PLAY AT THE BAR WITH A CONVICTED RAPIST ON THEIR MYSPACE SITE!

3. The community, the bar, the organization the funds are going to, who had a communal and personal relationship with me never bothered to help me. While I live on food pantry and struggle to get my mind back in order, THEY ARE HAVING A F@*KI@G PLAY FOR VICTIMS.

4. THEY WERE THE ONLY PEOPLE I COULD SUE AND I DIDN'T BECAUSE I FELT IT WAS NOT RIGHT TO HOLD THEM ACCOUNTABLE AND NOW THEY TRY TO HELP OTHERS AND NOT ME.

So here it is in a nutshell and I am all caps on this one:

A BAR THAT KNOWS ME, WHOM WAS MY ONLY RIGHT TO SUE, AND I DID NOT, IS NOW HOLDING A PLAY FOR A LOCAL ORGANIZATION FOR VICTIMS AND DIDN'T RAISE AND EYEBROW TO ME!!

ANNNNNNNNDDDDDDDD THEY HAVE MY CONVICTED RAPIST ON THERE MYSPACE BUSINESS PAGE!!

Advice, remarks, empathy, ANYTHING?



Victoria Placeo



No comments:

Post a Comment