Thursday, March 19, 2009

Moving On After Rape - How Do You Heal When It Never Ends

I have blogged in the past about, being more positive and looking at the bright side of everything. I still stand by that thought, it is the right thing to do. However, if you are still having to remember everyday by external circumstances then how do you break that focus.

Each day there is a letter in the mail, news from a lawyer, a bill from a medical facility. Yes, I could look past that.

But then there is the responsibilities. Calling the medical facility that is going to send me to collections because the Crime Assistance had not paid them yet.

Meeting with the lawyer to find out that he cannot represent me, due to a conflict of interest. Then having to find another.

Piece after piece of mail stating your civil rights were not violated, you have no civil suit (which I am still in the air about being frivolous in that matter). After the 3rd appeal the "Care Facility" you worked for does not have to pay unemployment.

Trying to coordinate all of this, on top of flashbacks, insomnia, nightmares, etc.

I realize that looking forward is the key and focusing on what I do want is important, but the bumps in the road are getting bumpier and with that I have to remember daily.


Victoria Placeo

No comments:

Post a Comment