Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Victim Notification

It has been quite some time since I have written anything. To be quite honest I was struggling just a bit with the one year anniversary and then my birthday. I made it through, taking each day bit by bit. And then came today..........

It was my first call from the crime victim notification organization. They called to inform me that the organism had been moved to another prison. As much as I should be happy that the victim notification is doing there job, I was very overwhelmed.

It brought back so many memories and visual images of the organism. I felt guilty, scared, and the best word is dirty.

I was picturing it getting transferred and a look on it's face, that is where the guilt came from.

As far as scared, I was unsure, and still am, of what this transfer meant. Is the organism getting different treatment, is it closer to getting out. It can't get out yet it just went in last August. Those were some of my thoughts.

I have to realize that it is good that the victim notification system is doing it's job. I not only got a call but an email as well. I am trying to look at the positives despite the fear I initially felt.

The positives are that I will be notified of the organisms whereabouts at least for some time. It is good they have this system in place.

The system is called Vine and here is the link should anyone need it https://www.vinelink.com/vinelink/

I am grateful to know where it is at, but I feel so scared no matter how hard I try to focus on that positive.

I do however recommend to any victims of crime to get hooked in with VINE or their local crime victim notification system. It is good to stay informed.


Victoria Placeo

No comments:

Post a Comment