Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Family Frustrations After Rape

I really don't get my family, although I am like them of course in many ways, I cannot understand their insensitivity or lack of thought.

I realize that it has been a year plus since the rape, but that does not mean I don't remember, or still have some issues regarding it.

Last night I received a text message from one of my family members, who now is residing in the town I was raped in.

The message was asking me what bars I went to when I lived there. WHAT? COME ON, USE YOUR HEAD! Odd that I would say that because she is one of the smartest ones in the family.

It may have been a year plus, but............DO YOU THINK I WANT TO REMEMBER WHERE I HUNG OUT OR ANYTHING RELATED TO THE RAPE?!?!?

Then today I got another text message from a different family member. It was a joke text about different sex things. Now it did not really offend me the joke itself but.............WHERE IS YOUR FREAKIN HEAD, DO YOU BOTHER TO THINK THAT MAYBE I AM NOT THE ONE TO BE SENDING SEXUAL JOKES TO?

People don't think and people don't understand the trauma of rape ( I did not either).

I am in such shock of those who find out and are indifferent, insensitive, and just plain stupid.

For such an advanced world we sure have some stupid people, or maybe it is just my family and friends. Perhaps stupid is to harsh, I should have said insensitive but...........IT IS MY BLOG SO I'M STICKING WITH STUPID.


Victoria Placeo

No comments:

Post a Comment