Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Secondary Survivor of Rape - The Rocks Birthday

A week ago today, my Rock, the main secondary survivor of the rape, had a birthday. No one deserves a special celebration like the Rock. Those who do not know who the Rock is, he is my best friend, and basically the main person I could count on after the rape.

I am sure others thought about how I was doing, but I did not hear from many people after the rape. In fact, I heard from less people then I normally did. This is not to be about how hard it was for me, but to extol the virtues of my Rock.

He was there for every flashback, every nightmare, every legal proceeding, whatever I needed he was there. I could never imagine a person being as kind as he was and is. I often would focus on the loss of friends and family after the rape, when what I should have been doing is focusing on the Rock and his support.

The Rock obviously knows that I blog about the rape, however, I don't think he knows how many caring people read it and email me. I would like to ask a special favor.

If you do read this, and care enough to give an applaud to a great secondary survivor and person in general, please leave a comment and wish the Rock a belated birthday. It was one way I could show that I care as well as others.

You see the Rock had lost some faith in people after he saw how I was treated after the rape, and I would like to show him the other side.

I know it may seem an odd request, but if you would leave him a belated birthday wish. Thank you so much for reading.


Victoria Placeo

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Rock. I was fortunate to have people in my life who were there for me, and it made all the difference. I hope you had a wonderful birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did have a great birthday all thanks to Victoria. She may call me The Rock, but she is my world.
    -The Rock

    ReplyDelete